Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The temporary cure to wanderlust

Often by the end of any trip I am yearning for the warm, cozy familiarity of my own bed. Yet even before I get all my luggage unpacked, pictures downloaded, e-mails read - before normalcy resumes, I am already daydreaming about another trip...planning the next escape.
 
So this is why I started this blog. It's my outlet to treat (not cure) wanderlust until the next trip. Through writing and photography, this blog is dedicated to reliving the people, places, events and things that I encounter in my travels.



Above is one of my favorite memories of Colorado. My first overnight backpacking trip was in the James Peak Wilderness near Boulder in Fall 2008. After camping on a meadow by the picturesque Heart Lake, my friend and I hiked up a very steep 600 ft. to Roger's Pass (11,900 ft.) along the Continental Divide. This photo was taken when I reached the pass. It had a fantastic view of summits, two lakes and a panoramic view of the other side of the divide.

No comments:

Post a Comment